Genotyping and sequencing service
Funding: Latvian Council of Science collaborration project # 10.0010.10. "Genetic investigation of disease aetiology, pathogenesis and ageing processes in the Latvian population"
Project manager: Dr. biol. Jānis Kloviņš
The goal of the service unit (Latvian Genome centre) is to offer infrastructure to all members of consortium including the associated projects.
From the start of project we will provide the following service:
1. Selection of study groups from Latvian Genome database and export of associated data in required format, based on requirements of particular sub-project.
2. Selection and automated extraction of DNA or serum samples from biobank and aliquoting in appropriate format.
3. Genotyping services: a) taqMan based genotyping b) MALDI-TOF masspectrometry based genotyping (multiplex level 3-10) c)capillary analysis based methods (Microsatellites, SNP genotyping)
4. Sequencing service of provided PCR sample or full cycle using ABI PRISM3740.
5. Other services: DNA, RNA extraction, Real time based quantification/expression analysis, DNA cloning plasmid preparation.
Upon acquirement of the equipment we plan to introduce new services in nearest future: medium and high throughput genotyping (Illumina based) and new generation sequencing (Illumina-Solexa)